Only sales and captured authorizations completed on the mobile app can be refunded. You can either look up the transaction ID or find it under “My Transactions”.
To issue a refund using the Transaction ID:
- Select “Refund” as your transaction type.
- Enter the original Transaction ID or tap the search icon in the transaction ID field to pull up a list of previously run transactions. After you find the payment, the refund screen will automatically populate with the refund information.
- If you are only refunding a partial amount, you can edit the amount.
- Click “Submit” to issue the refund.
If you've recently completed a sale, it may be easier to locate and process the refund from “My Transactions”
To issue a refund from "My Transactions":
- Click the menu icon on the top right corner.
- Select 'My Transactions'.
- Search for the transaction you need to refund.
- Select “Issue Refund” on the bottom right. You'll be taken to the terminal screen with refund selected and the refund details already populated. and all if the information populated with the refund details.
- If you need to refund a partial amount, you can edit the amount.
- Click “Submit” to refund the customer.
You can now view the refund within “My Transactions” on your mobile app or in Payfirma HQ. From either place, you can send an electronic receipt confirming the refund or print out a receipt.