On rare occasion, your device may have difficulty recognizing your card reader, or a card being swiped.
After each step, you should check to see if your card reader is functioning again.
- Ensure that your volume settings are set to maximum.
- Remove the card reader and re-insert it into the audio jack. You should hear a click when the reader is fully inserted.
- Return to the Home screen and restart your app with the card reader fully inserted. Any protective case that touches the reader should be removed.
- Shut down the app:
- Shutting down apps on iOS: Double click the Home button while on your home screen, on iOS 7, swipe upwards on the Payfirma app to close it. On iOS 6, hold down the Payfirma app in your multitasking tray until it begins to wiggle, then tap the X in the corner.
- After you've shut down the app, make sure that your card reader is inserted before reopening the app.
- Shut down the app before powering down and restarting the device.
If you have updated to iOS 7, the Tablet POS app needs to have access to the microphone in order to communicate with the card reader. If the card reader is not reading a credit card, try the following to ensure your microphone is enabled:
- Access your device’s Settings.
- Go to Privacy.
- Select Microphone.
- Ensure the Payfirma toggle is green (ON).