On rare occasion, your device may have difficulty recognizing your card reader or credit card.
After each step, please check to see if your card reader is functioning again.
- Ensure that your volume settings are set to maximum.
- Remove the card reader and insert it back into the audio jack. You should hear a click when the reader is fully inserted.
- Once your card reader is fully inserted, restart your app. Be sure to remove any protective case that touches the reader.
- Shut down the app:
- To shut down apps on iOS, double click the Home button while on your home screen and swipe upwards on the Payfirma Mobile app to close it (on iOS 7 and up).
- To shut down apps on Android, there’s often an Application Manager from the device's Settings that will allow you to fully close the app.
- After you've shut down the app, make sure that your card reader is inserted before reopening the app.
- Shut down the app again, power down your device and make sure the card reader is inserted before restarting your device and reopening the app.
If your operating system is iOS 7 or higher, the Payfirma MobileHQ app needs to have access to the microphone in order to communicate with the card reader. If the card reader is not reading a credit card, try the following to ensure your microphone is enabled:
- Go to "Settings".
2. Go to "Privacy" 3. Select "Microphone" 4.Ensure the Payfirma toggle is green (ON)